Wednesday 23 September 2009

Chicken & Spinach Masala ala Hamlyn

Recently I stayed at my friend's place and while sitting in her sunny kitchen noticed a small cookbook. It's called Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook: 200 One Pot Recipes. First of all the sausage caserole (It's actually a Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash) on the front cover caught my eye and the following pages were a rich collection of delicious looking-easy-to-put-together meals... or are they?
Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash

I managed to find it in Waterstone's bookstore at Regent St. in London and when I got home tried the Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash first which was alright. Bought some deli pork sausages but cooking took a little longer than expected.

Tried another dish which is the Chicken & Spinach Masala. This was quite successful but I added some tumeric (about 1tsp) to add more colour. The recipe only needs cumin which gives that strong Indian curry flavour without the need of curry leaves. Very different from a Malaysian curry that relies more on coconut milk, this masala only uses cream.

Straight from the book

The finished product

No comments: