Tuesday 11 August 2009

Prawn and Mushroom Pasta at Sortino's

I have found the best Prawn and Mushroom Pasta! What a find!! I had dinner at Sortino's at Itaewon last weekend (and that was only 'cos Macaroni Market was full) with family. We ordered a Diavolo pizza, Penne Arabiatta, salad and my Aunt ordered the Linguine alla Sortino's (which is the Prawn and Mushroom pasta).

The salad was fresh and whetted our appetite nicely for the mains. Next came the pizza which was crisp and they were generous with the topping which was nice. They did add a bit too much chilli flakes in my opinion. I like my Diavolo spicy but not mouth searing. Still, it did not kill the taste of the pepperoni/salami too much.

The Arabiatta was mediocre. The penne was a little undercooked and once again a little too much spice to the dish. Or maybe it was just simply overshadowed by the subtle and yet delicious taste of the Prawn and Mushroom linguine.

That dish was made with sliced (porcini) mushrooms in a creamy tomato and thyme sauce. Whatever it is the creamy tomato sauce was not heavy and had a delicate flavour, quite different from a typical cream based pasta and yet did not have the tangy taste of a tomato base.

They topped the dish with 2 jumbo prawns which... I didn't think was quite that jumbo. But it is a small discrepancy in an otherwise delicious dish. I would give it 5 out of 5 for taste. Sorry I have no pictures of the dish right now but I will be returning there shortly for their signature dish and this time I will bring a camera!

For details of their location and contact details, please go to their website: Sortino's

No comments: