Saturday 25 April 2009

How I have missed my manicures.

It's been ages since I have had a manicure. 10 months probably. I forgot how nice it was to see my nails all nicely shaped and coloured. Sigh! It used to be a monthly ritual to relax and be pampered.

Although it's not Snails at Wheelock Place in Singapore where we get partitioned reclining seats, Tiffany Nails in Itaewon is cheap and good. KRW15,000 for a manicure + massage/exfoliation for your hands. Located opposite Dunkin Donuts on Itaewon's main strip the salon is prettily decorated and convenient for me.

Although I personally dislike having my nails (or hair) done where passerby's can see, Tiffany Nails had a promotion price which I couldn't refuse. I know there is another Nail Salon called Bling Bling (Nails) further up the road that I will try later. Service was very polite and efficient. Some waiting is required if you go without an appointment on the weekend. I went on a Saturday and had to wait half an hour which is fine by me. I just wandered around and got a coffee.

My nails were shaped well but the lady serving me did push a little deeper than I would like when buffing my cuticles. If you plan to go, I suggest ringing in advance for an appointment on the weekend so you don't have to wait around. I will definitely be paying them a visit again as I get a 10% discount on my next trip because I paid cash the previous visit.

Tiffany Nail
Biz Hours: 11am - 10pm
Location: 1F 123-26 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu (Itaewon Station Exit #2)

No comments: