Monday 4 January 2010

Mondays are Slow Days

It's Monday and I wake up to a white wonderland. There are huge puffy snowflakes flying across my window and it's so pretty! I was just complaining to a friend the other day that snow should be fat and fluffy not the kind of wet drizzly bits that we had a few days ago. So I get my wish. This will also mean that the streets are probably clogged with traffic that can't move faster than 20km an hour because the city council is not quite as efficient with putting grit on the ground.

If you are living in the hills like in Sambuk-dong, Itaewon-dong or Hannam-dong then you are probably pretty screwed if you plan to go anywhere quickly with a car. Expect to find detours or more accessible roads to navigate down or up. Hopefully by the time you leave your house, some of the neighbours have cleared their driveways and many other cars have passed through the main roads which will clear the path to a muddy slush which will be extremely helpful.

Meanwhile, it's 10.38am and I am still in my robe watching the snow fall and looking forward to being able to build my snowman. Oh and if you were planning to go to Lotte or Shinsegae Department Store today, you won't be able to. Traffic is one thing but they are closed on Mondays. I found out the hard way.

No comments: