Wednesday 18 March 2009

내 머리가 나빠서 (Because I'm Stupid) by SS501

I really like the theme song to 꽃보다 남자 (Boys Over Flowers) which is called 내 머리가 나빠서 (Because I'm Stupid) by SS501 of which one of the lead male characters in the show, Kim Hyun Joong is the lead singer of. The English more common title 'Because I'm Stupid' sounds silly but the literal translation actually means 'My Thoughts Are Bad' romanized as Nae Moriga Nappaso.

Although SS501 is actually a 5 man group, as the lead singer is busy filming the drama and one other member is recovering from surgery, the remaining three have gone on to release singles quite successfully. Here's a video of them singing the song at a variety show in Korea.



*Will upload lyrics later.

7 comments:

8marshmellow said...

It's actually Because My Head is Bad no offense or anything >_<

Gerry said...

No offense at all. I use "Because I'm Stupid" because it's the most common interpretation on the internet as such will be easier for people to find. The actual interpretation can differ based on contexts as with many words in different languages.

In the context of the song, the word means more towards the word 'Fool' although the word 나빠서 does mean bad when used to describe a movie or for example when someone hasn't performed well during an exam they can say 내 머리가 나빠서.
^_^

Amanda said...

I'm a little confused.. All of the performances I've seen live of this song is by Young Saeng, Kyu Jong, and Hyung Joon. But how come there are versions of Hyun Joong singing this as well? I'm new to the band so I got all confused who was who XD

Gerry said...

Late last year Park Jungmin and Kim Hyun Joong had their own activities to pursue. Jungmin took on the role of Danny in Grease the musical and Hyun Joong was engaged to play Yoon Ji Hoo in Boys Over Flowers.

So the remaining three Young Saeng, Hyung Joon and Kyu Joong went ahead to release a mini album UR Man. They also released two songs for the BOF soundtrack. So in most of the performances you will only see YS, HJ and KH perform this song.

There have been a couple of performances where JM and HJG came out to perform altogether. One was a special video for UR Man and the other was for the Goodbye Ji Hoo concert.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

hye..if you can give full lyrics of 내 머리가 나빠서 in korean 한글, i'm very pleased and happy to have it..try to learn korean actually..hehe..

hoserie_chi said...

I really appreciate this site. I learned a lot. 축하합니다! I want to learn more about Korean language. Any suggestion? By the way, 아주 감사합니다, 그것은 정말로 유용했어요.

Gerry said...

hoserie_chi: You are most welcome! Watching K-drama helps with the language a lot. Having Korean friends or living IN Korea is a sure winner for retaining the language.