Friday 30 October 2009

Fluffy Corn Pacakes Anyone?

I've been on a bit of a binge recently, trying out new recipes from main meals to desserts. I recently came across a really good recipe for Corn Pancakes or Corn Cakes. This is a breeze to make although you will need a blender and so delishes!

I found the recipe at Gourmet.com. Although the recipe asks you to use fresh corn kernels, they aren't in season in Korea at the moment, so I rely on trusty Jolly Green Giant. They have the crunchiest kernels, even better than Del Monte. If you live in Seoul, you can find them at the Foreign Supermarket (Itaewon), Haddon Supermarket (Hannam), Hannam Supermarket (Hannam), Costco and Core Mart (Itaewon).

The recipe says it makes 12 but I only manage to get about 10 out of it on average the last 2 times I made it even though the size looks about the same as the ones in their picture. Be sure to add the baking soda as that is the secret ingredient to make it fluffy! I have it with a thin layer of butter and lots of maple syrup. If you like throw in a side of bacon. Adds that bit of savoury kick. Let me know if you try it!

5/5 for taste!

No comments: