Saturday 26 December 2009

Korea Winter Fashion - Get it all online!

Korean fashion has been quite a popular export in the last couple of years. This partially stems from the popularity of the Korean Dramas and let's put it this way, the women here put themselves together quite nicely. Not just the agashi's, you should check out the ahjumma's on the restaurant floor of Hyundai Department Store on any week day. You'd think they were going to a wedding reception after they are done with their tea and cake.

One thing that I've discovered and secretly enjoy is trawling through the online shopping sites here. You can get all the latest styles from the furry vests that are so popular to the hottest looking boots. G-Market (which has an English option), 11 St and Auction are popular online stores where you can get most everything but I find it a bit of an overload when looking at fashion. Their constant flickering banners can drive you a bit nuts after 15 mins.

So, I prefer some of the dedicated fashion websites. Here are a few of my fav's:
Pastar
Plenty of trendy styles for casual wear. They won't have suitable office wear... I stand corrected, it depends on what your office dress policy is. They don't carry many suits and smart attire for client meetings is what I meant. I like the way this website is laid out, I like the options at the bottom for accessories or corresponding matching outfits that were used by the model (which is always the same model, by the way - if you go to Karuso-gil you might just see them taking pics of her along the street) and the prices are decent.


C-Chouette
You get easy matching pieces from this website. Their ensembles are chic and without too many fussy lines.

Love-K
If you are into Romantic and Sweet, this is the site for you. You just have to see how the model poses to get the feel of their style. I personally have not bought anything from this site yet but it's just one of those situations where I like the look of an outfit but know that I wouldn't be able to pull it off.



Ozzaru and Vavara
These sites were recommended by friends who like me enjoy a 'bit' of shopping. If you want to dress like Leighton Meister or Kate Moss or pay to look drab like Reese Withespoon running out to get the kids, or the latest runway look from leading design houses, these two sites will guide you with your wallet.

No comments: